Saturday, January 20, 2007

Welcome


Thanks for keeping in touch with me since I published Papa Didn’t Preach: Words of Wisdom for Daddy’s Girls. Its release on Father’s Day weekend 2004 was the highlight of a three-year journey that started with an essay I wrote nominating my Dad, Merritt Hamilton, for Father of the Year.

For me, writing is therapy, inspiration, and motivation. It’s a work in progress, and it can always be improved. When it comes to my abilities as a writer, I think of that line from the hit movie “Ray,” based on the life of the legendary Ray Charles. Once Ray leaves Lowell Fulsome and his Orchestra, Fulsome’s manager insists that Charles is just another musician. A troubled Fulsome replies, “Well, he’s got something!”

I think I’ve got something too. Thanks for letting me share it with you.


Sincerely,

Vasilisa